Photo by Emmanuel Fine Art Photography
It’s been a crazy winter (as always!) in our wonderful city. We wanted to put together a post for the ultimate Pittsburgh snow day, from wake up to getting into bed. However you choose to spend your snow day, we hope you make it a Pittsburgh Beautiful one!
1. Wake up with Mikey & Big Bob.
The radio duo just signed a contract to stay in Pittsburgh until 2022. The two are on five days a week from 6-10 a.m.
2. Grab a piping hot coffee at Zeke’s.
3. Go sledding at one of Pittsburgh’s excellent sledding hills.
There’s Flagstaff Hill, Frick Park, Highland Park, Mellon Park and more.
4. Eat a delicious grilled cheese at the Yard Gastropub.
The Yard Gastropub’s grilled cheese are gourmet, served on thick cut Texas toast, with a side of tomato soup and served with homemade potato chips. The Yard has 2 locations in downtown Pittsburgh (PPG Paints Arena and Market Square), and 1 each in Shadyside and Mt. Lebanon.
5. Go ice skating at Schenley Park.
Spend the afternoon skating at Schenley Park for just $5 for adults and $3 for kids 17 and younger.
6. Have a glass of wine at happy hour Smallman Galley.
7. Stay for some mac and cheese.
Eat some more carbs for dinner (hey it’s a snow day!) and have some mac and cheese.
8. Settle in for a customized hot chocolate from Crazy Mocha.
Stop by Crazy Mocha before you head home for the day and grab one of their rich and flavorful customized hot chocolate. Crazy Mocha has 28 locations throughout the Pittsburgh area.
9. Cozy up in bed and read a book that one of the movies filmed in Pittsburgh are based on.
There’s so many great ones to choose from—The Perks of Being a Wallflower, The Mothman Prophecies, or the play Fences. movies shot in Pittsburgh Here’s a list of that are on Netflix.