Summer 2018 in Pittsburgh is going to be one of the best yet. Here are 14 things we’re excited about this summer in Pittsburgh.
1. Trying Primanti’s new sandwich
Primanti’s has gone above and beyond with this one. They’ve introduced a new sandwich, swapping fries out for something that is the ultimate in yinzer—pierogies. We can’t wait to try the Polish Hill sandwich.
2. Checking out the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix
The only vintage races in the country will be at Schenley Park in early July. More info here.
3. Eating everything at Bloomfield’s Little Italy Days
From August 16th through the 19th, eat everything Italian you could ever want at Bloomfield’s Little Italy Days. From cannoli to chicken parm and everything in between, if you’re a fan of Italian food this is the place to go. Not to mention, they’ll be live music, bocce and a Miss Little Italy pageant.
4. Laughing through the Pittsburgh Comedy Festival
5. Trying out new restaurants during Pittsburgh’s Summer Restaurant Week
Mark your calendars, August 13th-19th will be the time to try out new restaurants with three-course prix fixe meals and $20.18 specials.
6. You gotta Regatta, of course!
The annual festival of fun both off and on the water is happening from August 3rd until the 5th this year. Three Rivers Regatta, Inc. is a nonprofit devoted to helping people make the most of Western PA’s rivers and waterways.
7. Trying the Voodoo Brewery pop-up at the airport
Voodoo Brewery has opened a pop-up at Pittsburgh International Airport this summer. The 25-seat open air patio serves up brews perfect for grabbing while headed to your summer vacation destination.
8. Taking our dogs to Big Easy Dog Daze & Café in Lawrenceville
Big Easy Dog Daze just opened on June 2nd. Pups can enjoy treats outside on the Dog Daze patio and café like pup paws and pupsicles, frozen treats with peanut butter and banana flavoring.
9. Taking the kids to the new Thomas Town in Kennywood
Revolving around the world of Thomas the Tank Engine, the new rides will be the biggest addition in Kennywoods’ 120 year history.
10. Seeing Phipps’ 2018 Summer Flower Show
This year’s theme is “Gardens of Sound and Motion.” Delight all your senses with interactive art, music and flowers.
11. Heading to Eat N’ Park’s Family Week at the zoo
Each day this week, the Zoo Crew will travel to a different location within the zoo for themed music, crafts and more. Kids who visit the zoo during Eat N’ Park’s family week get a free children’s meal voucher valid at area Eat N’ Parks with an adult meal.
12. Catching the Warhol’s summer exhibit before it’s gone
“Adman: Warhol Before Pop” runs through Sunday Sept. 2nd. Enjoy Mad Men-esque art with the backdrop of 1950s New York. The exhibit shows the beginning years of Warhol, one of the country’s most influential artists.
13. Going to Schenley Parks’ Cinema in the Park
Every summer Schenley Park shows movies at dusk. More info on the schedule can be found here.
14. Doing yoga high atop Mt. Washington