Findlay Township is the westernmost township in Allegheny County, about 20 miles west of the City of Pittsburgh. The township was originally part of larger Moon Township, which was formed in 1788 comprising almost 150 square miles. Moon was eventually broken into 55 smaller municipalities, to include present day Findlay Township.
This Pittsburgh Suburb is bordered by Moon Township, North Fayette, Robinson Township and Independence (Beaver County). The entire area was comprised mostly of large urban farms and farming settlements, as well as some coal mining and strip mining. Currently, it is the location of the Pittsburgh International Airport, comprising of over 8000 acres and almost 40% of the available land in the area!
The remaining land is mostly farmland, with 3 areas prominently residential: Imperial, Clinton and the area around Montour Run.
Recently announce expansion of the airport will continue to bring growth to this part of Allegheny County!