History of Scott Township
Scott Township is a township in Allegheny County with a population of 17,024 as of the 2010 census. It is located about 3 miles south of the City of Pittsburgh. The borough has nine borders, including East Carnegie and Green Tree as well as Rosslyn Farms, Carnegie and Heidelberg. The history of Scott Township celebrated 150 years in 2011. It is home to Old St. Luke’s, which was established in 1765 as a stockade church. It is historically connected to the French & Indian War, Revolutionary War and Whiskey Rebellion. Old St. Luke’s is a member of the PA Federation of Museums and Historical Organizations. They are also Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation members and are also affiliates of the Senator John Heinz History Center.
Facts about Scott Township
As of the 2000 census, there were just under 8,000 households in Scott Township and approximately 20% had children under the age of 18 living with them. The population is spread out with the most ages 25 to 44. Scott Township is served by the Chartiers Valley School District. until 2015, the world’s largest pinball tournament was held in Scott Township. Pinburgh was always traditionally held at the PAPA facility. After 2015, it was moved to the convention center downtown. However, the Professional and Amateur Pinball Association, or (PAPA), still has their headquarters there. Scott Township is also home to the Scott Conservancy, who’s motto is to “think globally…act locally.”