A Brief History of Glenfield
Glenfield is a borough in Allegheny County located along the Ohio River. It was incorporated in 1883 and located just 10 miles northwest of downtown Pittsburgh. It is a small community of just 205, with 90 homes. Glenfield is part of the Quaker Valley School District. In the 1850s, the future site of Glenfield had a railroad station called Kilbuck Railroad Station. It was known as the borough of Camden. On June 10 in the year 1876, the borough became known as Glenfield. When Interstate 79 was built, it cut Glenfield’s size in half.
Facts about Glenfield
Glenfield has three land borders—Aleppo Township, Kilbuck Township and Haysville. Glenfield also runs adjacent to Neville Township, which is home of Neville Island. As of the 2000 census, the population density was 278.7 people per square mile. Of the 90 homes, just over 30 percent had children under the age of 18 living with them. The most popular age living in Glenfield is 25 to 44. The neighborhood was graded overall an A by Niche with an A+ for public schools. It’s area has a rural feel, yet it is quite close to the city. The majority of people in Glenfield own their homes. Glenfield is seen as great for families too.