We get it—Pittsburgh winters can be downright terrible. We put together some reasons why winters in this city are only for the strongest out there, us Pittsburghers! Just a few more weeks until spring, friends! Here’s 7 reasons a Pittsburgh Winter can be hard… well… really 6 and a couple cool pictures (pardon the pun)…
1. The frozen river looks pretty cool, until you remember why it’s frozen—the wind chill is currently -15.
2. You get excited not as many people are on the road, until you’re practically jolted through the roof of your car when you hit a pothole.
3. You get excited about another snowfall, until you try to venture out and see absolutely nothing has been done to the roads.
4. The Steelers’ season is over, Pirates are just well…we all know how that’s going and the Penguins are in that stressful in-between before the playoffs.
5. Sledding is fun—until you have to do it in a car.
6. You get excited when it’s randomly 70 degrees in January, then you remember there’s still February and March.
7. No matter how bad it gets, we wouldn’t have it any other way because of photos like this: