A Brief History of Port Vue
Port Vue is a borough in Allegheny County with a population of almost 4,000. In 1891, Lincoln Township residents wanted to create a new borough. They then organized a meeting at a school house on an old farm in Edmundson and first came up with the name Grandview. They then discussed the issue further and realized that the gorgeous view of the port McKeesport had kept up along the river made it worthy of the name “Port Vue.” The community is mostly made up of war veterans and coal miners. The borough was officially incorporated on Sept. 20th, 1892.
Facts about Port Vue
Port Vue is served by the South Allegheny School District. The community is located in western PA along the Youghiogheny River near its confluence with the Mon. Neighboring towns include McKeesport, Elizabeth, Glassport and Liberty. Port Vue has just a total area of 1.1 square miles. The average age in Port Vue is 46 years. The Port Vue Citizen Committee is quite active, with a rabies clinic for pets, spring craft and vendor show, father daughter dance and more. The committee is dedicated to bettering Port Vue with new activities, programs and ideas. 75 percent of people who live in Port Vue are homeowners.